The VA has consolidated toll-free help lines into one national line. Please call this line and select from the following menu:
- For Veterans Crisis / Suicide Hotline Press 7
- For Homeless Veterans Hotline Press 6
- For Information on Healthcare Eligibility and Enrollment Press 3
- For VA Medical Center, Veterans Benefit Regional Office or National Cemetery Locations Press 2
- For all other benefits (pension, disability compensation, education / GI Bill, home loan, insurance and more) Press 4
- For National Cemetery Services including burials, burial benefits and to obtain a headstone Press 5
You can also visit vets.gov for additional information.
Vet Center Call Center
Call 1-877-WAR VETS (927-8387) if you are a combat Veteran or a family member of one. It is a 24/7 confidential call center staffed by combat Veterans from several eras as well as family members of combat Veterans. The benefit is prepaid through the Veteran’s military service.
- Charlotte-Metrolina: 855-425-8838
- Central Carolina: 866-249-6656
- Coastal Carolina: 844-435-1838
- Western Carolina: 855-962-8387
Coaching into Care is for family members or friends who are seeking to find care or support for their Veteran at the local VA facility or through community resources. 888-823-7458
The Caregivers Program provides free services and resources for family members or friends who are providing care to their Veteran and need support through peer mentors or home-based programs. 855-260-3274
The State of North Carolina is divided into 7 local management entities or managed care organizations (LME/MCOs). This website lists the LME/MCOs along with a crisis line and general information number.